Learning Teachers-Teach to Learn

Hi,
As a Pre-service teacher I am on the pathway of being a learning teacher. This Blog is a construction of my learning journey as a pre-service teacher; pertaining to my understanding, analysis, application and development of learning theories and styles, pedagogical practice and content knowledge. Thus, I will be reflecting upon my learning experiences, so that I may teach learners how to learn and engage in an authentic learning experiences of their own.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Week four: Reflecting upon podcasts and digital movies

 This week My blog reflection focuses upon digital tools for education,

The activities that I engaged in this week focused upon podcasting and digital movie (movie maker) as pedagogical tools for facilitating, designing learning experiences.

Podcasting I found was interesting as it allowed a different way to facilitate learning either by the learning manager or by other persons; however, what I had noticed is that when podcasts were used by learning managers, it still resembled and/or facilitated direct teaching methods. Therefore, I would like to suggest that the learning manager use this resource sparingly. Yet having said this, I believe that podcasts can be useful for students to construct, display and donate (publish) their assignments, group activities, science projects, oral presentations, and alike to other students via the mode of podcasting.

My observation on digital movie is much the same. Consequently as a learning manager, I recognise that understanding how to use these tools in the classroom, to present content, is only a small aspect to digital technologies. It is therefore in my opinion that as a learning manager, I place these tools in the hands of the students, in the same way we teach and help students to use pencils and/or pens to construct, demonstrate, and publish their learning experiences. Hence, what I have observed is that digital pedagogies do have the potential to reach a larger audience, by connecting students from other geographical regions; breaking down the barriers of remoteness.

In regards to remoteness I would like to draw your attention to an article I read by Sara Hawke Remoteness still influencing education outcomes online resource

in this blog I have included a link to my first podcast. As the title suggests this is my first podcast: so it is my attempt at learning how to use this resource. In doing so I have realised the wonderful potential. Therefore I have included another podcast that uses digital video to demonstrate how video can be used to facilitate digital interpretation of Poetry Entitled: Wordsworth a use of digital technology and poetry. I believe that students can also use this technology to present and publish their work.


Bibliography:


Hawke, S. (2011). Remoteness still influencing education outcomes. ABC News. Retrieved from http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/3178071.htm?site=news


No comments:

Post a Comment